[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Joe Russell: Does this sound quasi-familiar?

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 23 August 2010, at 3:09 p.m.

I was playing Lucky Nelson in the Main in Ft. Lauderdale. We were tied 8-8/13 playing a 4-cube. Lucky has two checkers to clear in his outfield, I have his six point and one in the air, his five point is also open. His roll. He clears one checker leaving the remaining checker on his 10 point. I dance. He rolls 4-4. I roll 5-x, coming in and making a point in my homeboard. He rolls 4-4. I hit and go on to win the game for a 12-8 Crawford lead. Then I manage to lose three straight -- lose the Crawford game, give up the free drop, get gammoned on a two cube when, of course, I'm trying to avoid gammon at all costs.

Malcolm was discussing this and said he could only remember one worse similar circumstance in recent years. Then he started telling me how Joe Russell had rolled 1-1 like three times in a row against a six point anchor and lost at DMP. I started laughing, and told him I was there !!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.