[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon summer camp for kids

Posted By: mochy
Date: Tuesday, 24 August 2010, at 2:07 a.m.

http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/jblmochi/U25?feat=directlink

We organized backgammon summer camp for kids (under 25 years old).

It was four days event in nice summer house of kinchan's friend.

We played three league(everybody play eath other) of 7, 3, 1 point and 5 point tournament. I asked them to record the match as many as possible with computer and studied immediately after the game. Also I force them to give me at least one position per day so that we could discuss the position later in the night.

Stlength of the kids are really vary. Top plays about 5 in error rate, but worst player (usually most young) plays about 12. However, it always amazes me that how quick kids can improve. I wouldn't surprise if they understand EPC and calculate it faster than I do in next year.

Also their stamina seems like endless. I was asked to play consultation doubles from 1:00AM (after ten hours of play ofcourse..).

It was a fun week end and I hope one of them will win Japanese title in few years and win World title in a decade.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.