[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mochy's New Web Site of Backgammon Videos

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Saturday, 28 August 2010, at 1:25 p.m.

Mochy has recently launched his new Web site www.back-gammon.tv. For the first time in the history of the universe, backgammon enthusiasts can enjoy watching high-quality instructional videos in their own homes.

Mochy and I are in the process of making numerous backgammon videos, each of which is roughly fifteen minutes in length. There is a modest fee required, which is tiny compared to the potential benefit.

Several of Mochy's videos are already available for viewing. Mochy won the Monte Carlo World Championship in 2009 and he is currently #1 on the Giant-32 List. All of Mochy's videos are outstanding.

Although I have taped twelve lectures to date, only one is currently available for viewing: "The Opening Rolls At Match Scores." The remainder will be uploaded to the Web site at the rate of perhaps one per week.

Synopsis of my first video: The best way to begin a serious study of the game of backgammon is with an examination of how to play the fifteen opening rolls. In order to become competent at playing matches, you have to understand the reasons you frequently make different plays depending on the match scores. The best place to begin to learn how the match score affects checker play is with a look at the different ways the opening rolls should be played depending on the match score. Although it may seem simple, the surprising truth is that very few players know how to correctly play the fifteen opening rolls at all match scores.

Topics of my future videos:

PW Video #2: Playing Double Aces on the Second Roll

PW Video #3: Playing Double Deuces on the Second Roll

PW Video #4: Playing Double Threes on the Second Roll

PW Video #5: Playing Double Fours on the Second Roll

PW Video #6: Playing Double Fives and Sixes on the Second Roll

PW Video #7: Early Double Aces Blitzes

PW Video #8: Early Double Deuces Blitzes

PW Video #9: Early Double Threes Blitzes (Taped in front of a live audience at a tournament in Bristol, England August 21, 2010)

PW Video #10: Early Double Fours Blitzes (Taped in front of a live audience at a tournament in Bristol, England August 21, 2010)

PW Video #11: Early Double Fives Blitzes (Taped in front of a live audience at a tournament in Bristol, England August 23, 2010)

PW Video #12: Early Double Sixes Blitzes (Taped in front of a live audience at a tournament in Bristol, England August 26, 2010)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.