[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Fast Play in Madison

Posted By: Bill
Date: Tuesday, 7 September 2010, at 8:48 p.m.

From the tournament staff, thanks to all that attended the WSBC this year. I got a lot of positive feedback about how smoothly it ran, and I wanted to pass on credit to the players who deserve a fair amount of it. We scheduled 9pt matches for 2hr time slots and for every one of the 12 rounds, all of the matches finished in 1:40 or under. We always had plenty of time to draw the each round before the scheduled start time.

Not once did we have to impose a clock. Not once did we have to delay posting because of a late match. The event was run as "Clocks preferred" and a large percentage of the Championship matches were clocked by choice of the players. But not once did I hear any arguing or complaining about having to use clocks from those that didn't prefer them. Not once did I hear of someone losing on time. I am not sure how you all did it, but thank you, thank you, thank you.

--Bill

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.