[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

[XG] Questions re "Outplays", "error compared to XG" and the meaning of "different"

Posted By: Maik Stiebler
Date: Friday, 10 September 2010, at 12:44 p.m.

Let’s say I analyse a match with 3-ply in the first pass, and there are play decisions where the actual move would not make it through the filter, but turns out to be best when analysed at 3-ply. Will that move be treated as “difference”, so that further analysis/rollouts will be applied? If so, will it be eligible as an “outplay”?

Can analogous things happen with cube decisions, e.g. I find a correct (according to 3-ply) double, which would not even have been considered on 3-ply? If so, are differences and outplays treated the same way as in play decisions?

When I chose to analyse with 1-ply on first pass and rollouts for all differences, errors etc., to my surprise I found the “error compared to XG” check to be meaningless, probably because no outplays were found because XG did not have a 3-ply eval for the candidate moves. Did I get this right? Is this the intended behavior? Shouldn’t the best available eval (i.e. 1-ply) be the basis for “error compared to XG” then?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.