[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What's The Latest You've Had To Play Sat-Night/Sun-Morning At A 2010 ABT Event?

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Thursday, 30 September 2010, at 5:57 a.m.

In March 2010, at the tournament run by Bill Davis and Amy, I played until 2:15 AM Sat-night/Sun-morning. Just wondering if anyone has had to play a match later than 2:15 AM this year at an ABT event.

Also, I had only 7 hours 45 minutes overnight break until I had to play again Sunday morning at 10 AM. Just wondering if anyone has had a smaller overnight break than I had.

The most challenging problem encountered by tournament directors is dealing with the problem of slow play. The success or failure of a tournament is determined to a large extent by how the director addresses and solves the problem of slow play. Some TDs deal with this issue very effectively; others deal with it very poorly.

We have enjoyed the pleasure of playing in well-run tournaments; we have endured the miserable experience of playing in poorly-run tournaments. We now know that it is possibly for some directors to run a tournament on a schedule that allows all to get a decent night's rest. It is imperative that we inform directors when they do a great job and also when they do a poor job.

One tournament director has been quoted by quite a few people as saying something arrogant like this over the years to good people with good intentions who try to make constructive suggestions to him, "If you don't like the way I run my tournament, then you can run one of your own."

Actually, we have another option: If we don't like the way he runs his tournaments, we can tell the ugly truth on Stick's Web site about how poorly he runs his tournaments, in an effort to force him to have more sensitivity toward his participants, in the hope that he will start improving his performance.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.