[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Random BG Gratitude

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 1 October 2010, at 9:10 p.m.

I'm devoting all weekend to backgammon and postwhoring. I wanted to post a quick thanks to all the random people who make these forums go round.

• Daniel Murphy for collecting and organizing interesting data and presenting it to us in an easily accessible and usable format.
  • Tom Keith popping in with awesome looking graphs of useful information.
  • Neil Inc. for continually rolling out opening phase of the game positions on higher settings and sharing. Nack for following up with all the collective data from the 3 bots.
  • Phil for his interesting interviews and his bg push with his new site/lessons.
  • The rotating array of people who post positions. There's no rhyme or reason but I used to post a lot of positions and haven't really posted anything of late. Timothy Chow started posted a good amount of positions and then following up with comparison positions. Neil often posts things that arise in his matches. Paul posts his blunders, and John O'Hagan recently took to posting not only his fine analysis but positions he finds interesting.
  • Bob Koca for his overly wet sense of humor.
  • Any TD who constantly checks here not only to keep us updated but also looking for ways to continually improve their own tournament.
  • Any foreign players who come and make the effort to read or contribute even with the language barrier.
  • Xavier for XG and the best tech support any product has ever had. (esp. with that kind of moderate price tag)
  • Those who have already helped or supported the USBGF.
  • Jason Lee for doing the OLM when he has the time.
  • Anyone who sees the necessity of clocks to assure a smoothly run tournament. A bonus to those players who see no issue whatsoever in agreeing to play legal moves.

In making a list like this I'm sure I've omitted plenty of people and their contributions. This was off the top of my head and others I'm sure will add on to this list. There's no need to thank me for the forums etc..., I know how much all of you are hooked on BGO like it's heroine.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.