[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Peoria Update (not comprehensive)

Posted By: adambulldog
Date: Saturday, 9 October 2010, at 7:09 a.m.

The Prairie Classic tournament, which title I had hoped to defend, was instead won by Bill Calton, a strong chess master who runs an occasional backgammon blog. Mike Flohr came second. The consolation flight is still in play. Bill Riles awaits the winner of (I think) JOH and Rory.

Only twelve in the Master's flight. Not sure what is going on there. I know that Jim Stutz has advanced a couple of rounds, and I've never seen Jim before, so that's pretty cool.

Only 14 teams in the doubles. Mary Hickey (TGMH) and I are in the semis vs Mike Plog and his partner--not sure about the other half.

It's real slow in some of the side events. I won a blitz qualifier. I think it may have been the only blitz qualifier that was completed. Randomgammon also completed a group of four, and some chap named Phil Simborg, who seems shady, is alive in that event.

This is a really fun event, and I really think it may be time for the tournament bg populace to start stepping up and playing in the events that they like, because it seems to me (without knowing about the finances of these events) that some of these great tournaments are going to become unviable if people don't support them more.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.