[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What are friends for?--Peoria Finals Update

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Sunday, 10 October 2010, at 11:43 a.m.

Carter and I are meeting in the finals of the Peoria tournament at noon today. Winner gets about $3700 not counting the calcutta (we both bought back) and the loser about $1300.

Carter and I are good friends. We play several times a week and enjoy dinners and other social events together. We drove here together. We are sharing a room here at the hotel.

Before the event started, we agreed that if either of us reached the finals we would give the other 10% of the winnings. (We also had our usual $50 bet on who goes further in the tournament.)

I wish I had a recording of our discussion relative to doing some hedging or splitting. It would be hard to determine which one of us is more Jewish.

I won't say which one of us first suggested that the other should give up more because of a perceived skill advantage, and the initial statement might well have been made in jest, but suffice it to say that we both ended up making demands of that nature.

Carter and I are still good friends, but we will not be hedging and the $50 bet as to who goes father is still on and may be increased before we start.

Whether we drive home together or not remains to be seen.....depending on who wins there may not be enough room in my father-in-law's Couple de Ville for the winner's head.

(BTW, Carter and I met in the finals of an ABT event 5 years ago and I buried him, and I swear, I had lousy dice the entire match.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.