[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

a puzzle

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 23 October 2010, at 5:08 p.m.

In our chouette, if a player has 4 checkers left and the other player is rolling and trying to get off the gammon, we give him his best. (I know, many think this is stupid, but we think it saves a lot of time and is a nicer way to play as it does reduce gammons a little..maybe 5 to 10 percent at most is my guess.)

Here is the question. Let's say a player is down to 4 checkers on his 4 point, and the other player rolls 6-3. He doesn't move because we give him his best. the other player rolls and takes off his checkers. And the trailer now rolls a 4-1.

Some say he must move the 6-3 before he plays the 4-1. Some say it doesn't matter which he moves first.

The question is, does it matter? Is there a position where moving the 4-1, (or any second roll) before the first roll will take a checker off?

(Of course, we insist that the first move be moved first, just in case it could make a difference, but I'd like to know if it does matter, and if it does, I'd like to see an example, because I can't seem to find one.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.