[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why are they better?

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Monday, 1 November 2010, at 2:41 a.m.

I was giving a lesson with Stick the other day, and a tough position came up. I commented that I had no idea what was right, but I was sure Stick would know. He did, of course.

Later the student asked me this question: "If you have been playing the game for 50 years and studying it for the past 30 and teaching for the past 20 years, what makes Stick so much better after just 5 years?"

I offer several ideas, including I.Q., gaming skills, memory retrieval skills, possessing better learning strategies, math skills, concentration ability.

It probably is some of all of the above, but for fun, I thought it would be interesting to put these in the "order of importance" as, if I could identify areas that I can change and affect, perhaps I can come closer to the top players.

I would be interested to see; a) what order you would put these in and b) if there are other qualities you would add to these that you think makes the difference between a good player and a great player.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.