[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

POLISH PRIME

Posted By: Anna Mielech
Date: Saturday, 13 November 2010, at 4:59 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Yes, polish people do read this forum :-) I haven't heard about "polish prime" before and I am a bit surprised about this discussion.

Few thing to explain in the beginning.... Backgammon/nardy IS NOT popular in Eastern Europe. Backgammon is popular in SOME of the countries of Eastern Europe like Romania. FYI Eastern Europe consist of: Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Belorussia, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Hungary, Moldavia...

To Casper: I don't know to what kind of behavior "polish prime" can refer. Polish people used to fight a lot. For you it might be just the lack of common sense. For me it is a fact that thanks to courage of many young people who were not afraid to die for independence I can live and breathe in an independent Poland now. From 1795 until 1918 thanks to our neighbors it was forbidden to be polish and speak polish. Every few years polish people were organizing uprising. Chance to succeed in these uprisings were, let's say, like a winning a backgame after missing a shot. But for those people it was better to die in a fight for freedom then to live in a country occupied by Russians or Germans.

Anyway in this case "polish prime" probably refers to simple, superficial stereotype of polish people that exists in a majority of cases. To Rich - I agree, it might be not complimentary ;-)

Use any term you like if you feel comfortable with it. It tells more about you then about polish people.

PS: Guys, there are so many more important things then just a slang word used by hundred of addicted backgammon players. Like this one: http://www.thekf.org/events/news/petition/ The lack of basic education of some of the international journalists writing about Poland - that's something that it is really insulting to me. Goebbels was right - a lie repeated thousands of times becomes a truth.

Oh and by the way - KAMIKAZE PILOTS they do succeed sometimes ;-) That was the name of our team at Swedish Open.

To Paul: best regards from Warsaw, thanks for your efforts in fighting with stereotypes.

Anna

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.