[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Did Pittsburgh Really Call Time Out With 2:03 Left?

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Monday, 15 November 2010, at 5:40 a.m.

I need a reality check.

I have an alcoholic beverage less than a dozen times a year. Sometimes when I attend an event with an open bar, I order and drink only orange juice. Tonight I had half a glass of wine, and because I drink so seldom, I felt intoxicated while watching the Patriots-Steelers game.

Am I the only one who thinks the Pittsburgh coach made a big conceptual mistake by calling a time out with 2:03 left in the fourth quarter?

The point of calling a time out at this stage of the game is to stop the clock to give yourself more time to score. The clock stops for the two-minute warning with 2:00 to go, so Pittsburgh conserved only three seconds by calling time out with 2:03 to go. If the Steeler coach had saved the time out for the other side of the two-minute warning, it would have conserved thirty seconds or more.

Is it possible that I, while drunk, know things that the Pittsburgh coach does not know? What is going on here?

Am I the only one who thinks Roethlisberger should have been suspended for four years instead of only for four games?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.