[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

TOTAL COST (in XG)

Posted By: Mislav Kovacic
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2010, at 7:52 a.m.

Recently I have started looking more at Total Cost numbers in XG. I have noticed that sometimes difference in PRs can be relatively large but Total Cost is almost the same, meaning the one with lower PR was actually just a tiny favourite. Of course, most of the time PRs and Total Costs correlate (which is to be expected), but it's definitely not always a case.

My question is: what can be concluded from the Total Cost? Is it possible to accurately estimate how big of a favourite someone was in the match?

In one of the older topics here this was posted by "rew":

"The cost says how much match equity was given away per player. So that for instance player A has given away 10% and player B gave away 25%. This means that player A was 50% + (25% - 10%) = 65% favourite."

Is this correct? It doesn't sound logical to me. Shouldn't it be that the Player A was 50% + (25% - 10%)/2 = 57.5% favourite?

Thank you

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.