[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Strategy/Psychology of Early Blitz Cube at 4-away, 4-away

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2010, at 4:52 p.m.

I've gotten some eyebrows raised at me lately from across the table when I've given early cubes at 4-away, 4-away. These are typically situations where I've made a home board point, have an outfield builder or two (in addition to the eight point), the opponent has a man in the air, and the opponent has little or no constructive development on his/her side of the board.

From my perspective, I have a reasonable chance at a blitz gammon, I have limited potential of getting gammoned, and I'll occasionally steal a point with a pass. And, if the I do lose the game, I will be down 4-away, 2-away and have enhanced cube leverage in the next game.

The psychology of the situation is not unlike the position posted by Justin from last night (though that position was 3-away, 4-away and further into the game). Some think that is not even a double while others recognize the disaster of the gammon potential.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.