[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Legal Moves Only

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2010, at 5:16 p.m.

"Legal moves only' was not mentioned in my matches in Las Vegas but I had a couple of occasions to require opponents to correct an illegal move (to my detriment) and I received the same consideration a time or two.

I saw one situation in a match I watched wherein an obvious illegal move was accepted (not even mentioned) -- the guy thought he was on the bar and picked up his dice. The opponent just played on. The confusion might have arisen because the opponent originally considered three moves, one of which did put a man on the bar. He moved checkers for each of his three options, returned them, and then chose a non-hitting play.

The benefitting player did nothing illegal -- he played within the rules. And the erring player does have some responsibility. However, we all occasionally make such mistakes and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see illegal plays accepted.

Of course, as we've mentioned, if my opponent has taken advantage of me in some manner in the past, then he/she will have to live with their illegal plays.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.