[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Question about cubeless rollouts in XG and GNU

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Saturday, 20 November 2010, at 7:47 p.m.

Maybe I should email the developers directly with this question, but I think the answer is of general interest so I'm posting it here.

When one does a cubeless money rollout, how does the bot choose its checker play? Specifically, does the bot move the checkers as if it were a money game with the cube in play, and simply refuse to turn the cube when the opportunity arises? Or does the bot move the checkers knowing that it's a cubeless game? The latter would be what I would call a "true cubeless rollout" and is what I would hope the bot would do.

The XG online help says that if you do a cubeless match-play rollout, then the bot still plays the checkers with the score in mind, and just doesn't turn the cube. This isn't encouraging information from my point of view. My interpretation is that even if you were to plug in a cubeless MET, the bot would play the checkers as if cube turns were possible, with potentially strange results. Anyway, the online help doesn't seem to directly answer my specific question above.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.