[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT Cyber Monday Super Computer Specials at Digital Storm

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Monday, 29 November 2010, at 4:52 p.m.

I am sometimes asked about my computers and this config is quite close to what I bought back in the Spring when hexacore chips came out.

Go here http://www.digitalstormonline.com/loadconfig.asp and load ticket number 464031.

In contrast to my computer, this has a more (ie very) state of the art video card and larger hard drive and costs $300 less, aided by the added 5% discount for Cyber Monday and the fact that tech gets cheaper and improves as time passes. If you want less video card (not needed for XG) you can save some bucks.

Of course you may wish to look around the site and build something less powerful and less expensive, and if you've been contemplating getting a new computer for RO's etc, DS is where I get my overclocked systems and the added 5% off is for today only! Thx to Ken Bame for turning me on to this great computer vendor.

Load ticket 464038 and you'll see something less expensive (under 2K) and with slightly more capability than the quad core i7 system I bought a year ago on Cyber Monday 2009. Note that the HAF 932 is a large case and I spec good water cooling. This is because there's plenty of room for air flow and also because many of us run RO's basically 24/7 and don't want overheating issues. Of course if space is an issue, go for a smaller case. In the cheaper system, you can expect the factory overclock to be about 3.9 GHz with that much cooling.

.. neilkaz .. PS .. no I am not buying anything today as I am waiting for more chip tech improvements.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.