[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Error/illegal move in MC Final

Posted By: Achim
Date: Monday, 16 July 2007, at 7:01 p.m.

The last game of the match published at http://www.gammonlife.com/2007wcfinal.html is either not recorded correctly by Hanna or not published correctly by Michael Strato. At move 6 Savio rolled a 63, not a 53! He then fiddled around with the checkers on the 10, 8 and 5-point, didn't set the checkers back correctly, was asked by his opponent, moved it again and somehow touched the dice.

I don't say this was on purpose(!), but after this confusion one die showed a 5 instead of a 6. This was confirmed by several spectators in the live coverage. Savio played 8/3*, 10/7 then very quickly, Pan didn't insist and the arbiter also was sitting there like a Bhudda.

During the whole match I had the feeling that Pan wasn't playing a world championship final but his favourite home chouette. Nonetheless you have to survive 7 more or less tough matches to get into the final, and both players were not the worst I've seen or met in the main flight. Congrats to both from me.

I'll sort out my whole thoughts about the week in MC later, I just arrived at home. It was my first visit after 9 years and I think there is a lot to say about this tournament.

Ciao

Achim

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.