[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Who Is Dr. Bob Wachtel?

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 2010, at 11:00 a.m.

Bob Wachtel won the Fair Play Award (listed as the Good Sport Award on www.chicagopoint.com) at the tournament in Meribel.

Bob's first round opponent was Simon from the nation of Georgia. On his way to the tournament site, Simon slipped and fell on the ice. He may have fractured a rib. As a result of this accident, he was about an hour late for his first round match, which was to be played Friday night.

Bob had every right to be declared the winner and accept a forfeit, but he refused to do so. He played and lost this first round match. Bob obviously understands that there are more important things in life than increasing your equity and making more money.

Bob grew up in Pittsburgh and received a PhD from a Canadian university, I believe in philosophy of science. Of all the many people I have consulted to help me with my backgammon writing, Bob has impressed me as knowing more about the English language than anyone else.

Bob is exceptionally intelligent, witty, a sharp dresser and keeps himself in top physical condition. He is a much better tennis player than most people who are thirty or forty years younger than he is.

Some American backgammon players may not know Bob because he plays in few tournaments in the USA but plays frequently in Europe. He is a serious student of the game and of life. In my opinion, Bob deserves his spot in the top ten on the Giant-32 List.

When not traveling in Europe, Bob makes his home in Los Angeles.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.