[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

post final post

Posted By: Rod
Date: Wednesday, 5 January 2011, at 7:46 p.m.

a final final message....

First, I'd like to apologize to Perry. Right or wrong, he has worked hard on the USBGF. Personal comments should have been left out of the fray. He could have been having bad days, as we all do, been ill, or simply have had poor showings against me, in particular - general statements based on a handful of matches have little, if any, statistical significance relative to overall level of play. I was, understandably (I think), upset over statements that I might have somehow breached my fiduciary obligations to the USBGF regarding how I gave (donated, not sold) certain intellectual property to the USBGF, especially after having given so much of my time, effort and money to get the organization off the ground.

Next, just because the board erred, possibly, in how they handled my situation does not mean that they will handle all future situations in like fashion. It was (and is) a young board. People make errors, boards make errors, and young boards are likely prone to more errors. I'm certain that the board will strive to handle unusual future issues with more aplomb and, hopefully, compassion than they handled my situation. Live and learn, as we say.

Lastly, I had considered calling for a special meeting, requiring, according to the new bylaws, only 10% of the membership to request one, during which the membership could vote for me to be reinstated as a board member. Even if I could secure the 50% vote I would need to be reinstated, the truth of the matter is that it would be a poor choice. While I know, without a doubt, that I could put any past differences behind me and work with each and every member of the board in a productive manner for the good of the organization and the growth of backgammon in the US, I believe that not every board member would be willing to do the same with respect to me. As Stick alluded to, just because I should not have been removed originally, it doesn't mean I should be part of the organization at the moment. At least not until virtually every member of the board feels as I do.

I hope to see many of you in NJ Thursday.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.