[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2011 Chicago Open

Posted By: Rory
Date: Thursday, 20 January 2011, at 8:28 a.m.

The 2011 Chicago Open website is now live. Please go to www.ChicagoOpenBG.com for full tournament details. A PDF version of the Tournament Brochure is available.

Here are a few items of interest...

ALL SIDE POOLS RETURN 100%

The Open Tournament will be run under the "More Swiss" format and will be "Clocks Preferred" aka "Clocks on Request". The winner of the Tournament under the "More Swiss" format will be the last person with fewer than three loses.

Yamin Yamin and I will be running the 1st Giants of Backgammon Invitational Tournament starting on Thursday May 26th. It is a 16-player event. Currently 8 of the top 16 Giants are confirmed including the top three (Mochy, Falafel, & Kaz). All matches will be recorded and published in a cd or booklet to be sold later in the year.

Bob Koca (Giant #29)and Mochy (Giant #1) will each be doing lectures on Sunday and Monday respectively.

The newly renamed "Markowitz Masters" (formerly the Memorial Day Masters) and Doubles events will both be "Clocks Required".

The Intermediate format will be the same as last year...a multiple re-buy format consisting of eight-player knock-out qualifiers with a Playoff, Consolation, and Last Chance.

There is a newly added Taki board tournament. There will also be Jackpots on Sunday and Monday.

As always there will be a Seniors Tournament and a Limited Jackpot starting on Friday.

This is a family friendly event. We have both a Novice Division and a Children's Tournament with great prizes.

We also provide the best hopsitality at any Backgammon Tourney in the US (You will eat better that if you stayed home...Just ask Chuck).

My goal in running this tournament is to provide players with maximum play (in the main tournament and side events), an education (two lectures), a great venue (an all suites hotel at an $84 rate), with the best hospitality. I have a great staff that is very experienced in running tournaments supporting me and the best tournament consultants in the game today.

As a new director I am also open to any/all constructive criticism and new ideas. Please help me make this tournament the best it can be.

I hope to see you in May...

Regards

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.