[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

eXtreme Gammon and Resignations

Posted By: David Startin
Date: Saturday, 29 January 2011, at 4:32 p.m.

I absolutely hate the calculation of equity loss from resignations in this software. What is the point of it? If a player wants to resign, for whatever reason, any remaining equity he has is calculated as an error or blunder and added into his/her profile.

This causes a lot of trouble on GridGammon. A player rolls a number which saves a gammon, for example. He presses the button to resign a single. I reject, because I know that, if I accept, eXtreme Gammon is going to give me a nice error or blunder. My opponent is upset, because he has saved the gammon and thinks I am messing around or trying to wind him up. The other alternative is to accept the resignation and alter the match file, which I am fed up of doing.

So, I think that equity loss from resignations should be removed from the software. Does anybody else agree with me?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.