[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

High praise for Santa Fe

Posted By: Gregg Cattanach
Date: Tuesday, 1 February 2011, at 2:33 p.m.

I will compose a much longer trip/tournament report, but I wanted to let everyone know how awesome my 4-day trip to the New Mexico State Championships was. I've been to 110 ABT tournament and stayed in hotels for 96 of them, and La Posada de Santa Fe was the best hotel I have every stayed at by a huge margin (rolled out to +1.387 on a 1-cube), including high-end Vegas destinations. It is almost a sin to get this kind of facility and service for $99 a night located in such a wonderful destination.

Ed, Ed and Adam did a wonderful job, and despite a few minor tweaks concerning scheduling and formats (which will be corrected at the 2012 edition), the tournament ran smoothly and efficiently. From all reports a good time was had by all. If you can't enjoy this hotel and city and tournament, you are a hopeless cynic.

Absolutely amazing. I'm still giddy about what a great weekend I had. I expect a major increase in turnout in 2012 with the US Open moving to May and no January Backgammon Cruise scheduled in the even-numbered year.

Gregg C.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.