[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 16 December 2006, at 3:33 p.m.

Match to 25, White leads 6 to 2
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 13/8 6/4*. Commentary in the rollout post.

Stick moves bar/18. I briefly entertained coming in with bar/23 and hitting you off the 3 pt. knowing full well it's 'wrong' but wondered how well it would play out. I decided it was too 'wrong'. I did also consider cubing before this roll, I felt it was a bit short for money so leading in the match I'm sure I am supposed to hold off. It wouldn't be the worst position I've ever cubed though!

Readers move 24/21(2) 8/5(2). 24/21(2) is forced, after that it's merely a question of continuing with 21/18(2) or making your five point. I felt I could get away w/nexting this without too much yelling. I feel everyone would have voted to make the five because it's the five, because you're so far behind in the race, and because you'd like to have an inner board anchor for any insuing battle that takes place.

Stick moves 13/2

Readers move 22/16 6/5. The 22/16 part is forced, after that I thought again the vote would be overwhelming on duplicating my fours and bettering your own distribution than continuing for one less shot.

Stick moves 8/3 6/3. There are a few 'cutesty' plays here that may be close such as 13/5 or 13/8 6/3 trying to keep my playable checkers where they should be so I don't have to leave any shots in the upcoming turn. I don't feel either of the plays is worth it so I used my Keep It Simple Stupid method and made the 3 pt.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.