[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz Compilation Idea?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 23 March 2011, at 5:10 a.m.

Over the past week or so of doing the daily quizzes I've both enjoyed it and still been put off by it a bit. It forces me to play I'd say roughly 20 games a day to find 5-7 positions I feel like posting. After that I post the problems and a day later I toss in some gimp rollouts, nothing over 1k unless it's really the end of the game because I don't want to waste too much time on them, and post the results with little or no commentary.

What I'd like to be able to do is complete rollouts for all positions. What I'd like to be able to do is explain my thought process when the play came up OtB. What I'd like to be able to do is show all the variants that flip through my head when looking at the problem along with rollouts. What I'd like to be able to do is re-analyze the problem post rollouts. I can't do all of this because it's too time consuming for little reward.

So my idea is this and depending on feedback I'll either do it or drop it. Suggestions to improve on what I wrote already would be welcome of course. I'd like to charge a nominal fee to be 'forced' to do all of the above on a weekly basis to anyone who would like to see this work. Depending on how many people show real interest in this will ultimately determine the price. (the more people the lower the price obviously)

If this happens I would prefer people pay a month at a time but if you want to go week by week that's fine it just creates more work for me and I'm trying to save time. I would also consider some sort of discount for anyone who purchased so many weeks in advance. Again, I thought of trying this 5 minutes ago so all suggestions are welcome from packages offered to overall prices per person to information you'd like to see included in the Daily Quiz Recap.

This could eventually morph into a newsletter either online or off, again just another idea I have, but since I'm doing all the writing I want to see how much work it is first and I much I enjoy it before committing to more than I already know I want.

All feedback welcome here. If you think you have something that is better said in private than public you have my email of course.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.