[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Batch analyze positions in XG?

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Thursday, 24 March 2011, at 1:50 a.m.

Is there any way to analyze a batch of .xg files without manual intervention?

As motivation, let me say a bit about how I typically analyze a match. I run it through World Class analysis, both on XG and GNU. Then I go through the match move by move, noting not only my mistakes but also interesting decisions that either I or my opponent faced. For many of these, I'm satisfied with an XGR+ analysis. For others, I want to do a rollout, but I don't always want to roll the position out ATS; often I want to roll it out for money. Sometimes I'll also want to roll out a variant. Thus, I end up creating a bunch of .xg files for rollout purposes. The number of trials and the number of candidates will vary according to the position.

I'm guessing that this is not possible with the current version of XG, but hopefully XG2 will have this feature? Doing batch rollouts of positions is much more valuable to me than doing batch rollouts of matches, for the reasons I gave above.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.