[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Daily Quiz Compilation Idea Update

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 25 March 2011, at 12:18 p.m.

Starting today, Friday the 25th, the daily quizzes I post will have only 5 questions. People seem to find much more than that too time consuming and perhaps get lost in what they're analyzing. I think it will also make it easier for people to reply to the threads if they are shorter and they don't have to put so much work into one post.

At the end of every week I will choose on average 1 question per day and do an entire write up with over the board thoughts, comparison positions where applicable, extensive rollouts, post mortem analysis, other world class players input, etc... These recaps will at first be in some sort of text form, perhaps HTML, all positions included in the email of course, and eventually I imagine develop into .pdf or other such 'better' files. It will be a developing project and I'll always be looking for ways to improve upon it. It may be that weekly I release the HTML version and then monthly I release the 4 week set as a pdf, we shall see. They could even go the audio or podcast route that Klaus suggested, we'll have to see what works best.

I've decided not to allow weekly sign ups. The least you will be able to sign up for is a month to save me work keeping track of all the little details. The most you will be able to sign up for is a year. Based on the amount of people that seemed interested and a wag guess of how much time/work is involved along with what I'm looking to get out of it to make it worth it for myself the price is $10/month or $100/year. If you are a student of the bg learning center it will only be $5/month or $50/year.

If anyone's analysis on the forums happens to be worth including in my weekly recaps I will use it just so you know in advance. Hopefully this will spur some of you to go more in depth with your analysis benefiting everyone.

The first recap will be next Thurs/Fri, the 31st or 1st. If you'd like to sign up send me an email from the email address you'll want to receive the recaps. My email address is checkmugged@yahoo.com The easiest way for me to accept payment is through Paypal using the same email address. If this doesn't work for you I'm sure we can figure something else out, either regular mail paying with a check, seeing me at a tourney and paying, whatever works. If I know you and you're going to send me a check or pay me next time we see each other you don't need to wait until then to sign up. Let me know now and I'll start sending you the weekly from the beginning.

I will also be extending the daily positions to more match play decisions than I previously had. Up until now there was rarely a match decision because I was playing all my sessions for money against XG but if I'm going to be providing detailed analysis some score based issues would be a definite plus I think.

I hope the price is affordable enough for everyone. It's what I struggled with most of all. I know how much GV charges and I know how much Kit charges for his forums and the newsletters and what not. This is the best I could do for how many people I speculated will sign up and the amount of work I plan on putting in to these.

For those of you holding out to see what it might be like, I will post a detailed discussion of a previous problem over the weekend. To recap the recap:

• $10/month or $100/year payable preferably through Paypal
  • Released every Thurs/Fri to give you something to do over the weekend
  • The recap will average 1 position a day or 5-7 positions per week
  • Format will be at first HTML but it will likely develop into something more professional

As always I'll appreciate any feedback.

Stick

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.