[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Does anyone else play 'decubes'?

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Saturday, 9 April 2011, at 3:53 p.m.

In a regular game of mine, where I take the box against several players, I introduced the decube some years ago. If I think it may not be a double, yet one or more players may pass, I cube anyway and offer to put the cube back where it was, if players take. All the players are always given this option by me. As I allow full consulting from the start, it can't exclude anyone from the consulting process. It's often done more for a laugh really, as one or two timid players will routinely accept this proposal, even when it's a clear no double. But it seems to add an additional skill factor in money games. Like settlements, I doubt it would catch on with TD's though.

In a game last week, everyone chided my take of a recube, where their 4-1 back game had 20 shots to send a second chequer back. I wrote the position down, and it seems it was way short of a cube, though nowhere near a beaver. (I did countenance passing.) Gasps of amazement from players at the result, but one claimed in his email, seemingly in all honesty, that he only doubled hoping I would pass. Apart from the fact he is prone to this kind of bullshit, I recall specifically that no one offered a decube!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.