[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

No Phones during a Match

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 23 April 2011, at 4:53 p.m.

If you are playing a match with me and I pick up my iPhone, perhaps to answer a call, a text, or to take a picture, I might instead be looking at any of the following screen shots:

The take points and POG for all scores of 7A-7A down Reduce take points Racing formula including Trice, Kleinman, and Keith Doubling and taking points for various back games Neil's numbers Key reference positions How to play 3-3 on the second roll (often drives me nuts)

So maybe someone else as dishonest as I am might be using their phone for these illegal activities?

What about people with headsets attached to their phone, supposedly listening to music? What's to say that some great player watching the game, or someone with access to XG, isn't telling them the proper checker plays and cube action over the phone?

So maybe using your phone and headphones during a match is not just rude, but it is super-rude because of the potential to cheat. And even if you are not a cheater, why should you be allowed to do something that could easily be used to cheat and for that reason can be unsettling to your opponent?

So maybe it's time, with this new technology, to set some rules or standards relative to the use of phones and headphones. Please stop me from cheating!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.