[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Anecdotes from Nordic

Posted By: Christian Munk-Christensen
Date: Wednesday, 27 April 2011, at 3:45 p.m.

During the recent Nordic Open / Denmark vs the world, Sander was certainly not the only one who impressed me.

It was no news to me that Mochy is pretty strong too. However, playing like a true world champion is not Mochy's only special skill: One (very) late night, I was hanging out with Mochy, Falafel, Wells and Katja. We were talking about the tournament and how we'd fared. While most of us could only talk about our matches, Mochy went one better and replayed 3 full (decisive) games from his last match. All done by memory. And all done extremely confidently without any shadow of a doubt regarding what had been rolled and played. Pretty sick to be able to do this several hours after the match. Up until seeing this with my own eyes, I had only heard of PJT who can do this. Obviously Mochy is every bit as good at this as PJT.

During the last game Mochy was replaying for us, all of a sudden his replaying the match came to an abrupt halt when he reached a 31 for the opponent to play. Mochy simply couldn't figure out how it had been played. But what do you know, the opponent happened to stroll by and he noticed what was going on so he chimed in. It turned out that the opponent had made an illegal play on the 31, playing 2 aces. No wonder that Mochy couldn't figure the play out! :-)

During the Denmark vs the world, 2 persons in particular impressed me during the team consultation. Wells for displaying excellent team player skills / leadership skills and Mochy for stating "clear take" when all the others wanted to pass. When Wells heard the confidence with which Mochy said "clear take", he instantly changed his mind and wanted to follow Mochy, knowing that Mochy had to be 100% sure to make such a bold statement. I was recording the match and heard everything that went on at the table. I believe that Wells had a key role in making the team change its mind about the pass, based on Mochy's statement.

I haven't watched the recording of the match, which someone linked to in another thread, but I hope the sound is good enough to follow this particular part of the consultation.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.