[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Best Recorded Matches in the World--Free

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 1 May 2011, at 4:57 a.m.

Open eXtremeGammon. Hit "new match." Make player 1 xgr roller+; Make player 2 xgr roller+. Hit start. Save the match.

If you want to look at the best players in the world making difficult checker play and cube decisions and see what they would do, and what you should do, here it is.

Why record the matches of two college kids who are playing novice and intermediate? Surely this is not what they would be comfortable seeing. If you would like to see how two low level players play, then instead of selecting xgr roller + for both players, select "beginner" or "distracted" and then you will see what not to do.

You can play backgammon and look at matches for 100 years and learn 1/10 of what you would learn from a book, good articles, a good teacher or mentor. You could study a match for hours and not learn 1/10 of what you would learn studying one important position in that match and learning everything about that position.

Bill, you have publicly complained about my teaching methods because I simply refuse to waste my students' time and money, and my time, playing them matches and going over matches. But if you still insist on making this your preferred method of learning, I wish you all the best, and I truly have given you, above, the best way to see two of the greatest players in the world play match after match after match at your leisure, no charge.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.