[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XXIII european backgammon championship in Velden

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Monday, 2 May 2011, at 4:55 a.m.

Congratulations to all the winners from European "PRO" Backgammon Championship held in Cyprus. (especially my japanese friend Michy) I was in Cyprus last year and had a great time enjoyining delicious free meal day and night.

However, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that there is a tournament called XXIII European Backgammon Championship in very same weekend in Velden. (The difference is only with "PRO" or not) This tournament was run by Marco Fornasir for last 23 years.

I was invited to this tournament and enjoyed it very much. About 100 players were attend and Simon Kagan (israel) swept both Super JP and Masters. He beated me in Super JP and I was impressed by his level. Arda won Championship and his girlfriend won Intermediate!

Velden is a beautiful small town in Austria, VERY pretty, quitet and relaxing place. Actually this is the best venue I have ever attend in my 13 years of backgammon career. After playing the hardest competition in the world (Nordic Open) , I was kind a healed here! I totally regret that I didn't bring my wife and camera. I marked this tournament for next year already.

Well - Meribel (france) is also very beautiful... Velden and Meribel are two most beautiful tournament sites in my opinion.

Unfortunatelly TD Marco Fornasir is not a best internet user therefore he didn't post anything about his tournmaent yet but I thought somebody has to write about his tournament for the fairness..

Personally I think it is a bit too harsh to name very similar name and put it same weekend, but I will leave it for readers.

Below are positions from my match.

White is Player 2

score: 10
pip: 68
13 point match
pip: 101
score: 11

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-ABBCBB----------aBfAbdb--:0:0:1:00:11:10:0:13:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 1.21

White is Player 2

score: 8
pip: 138
9 point match
pip: 80
score: 5

Blue is Player 1
XGID=aDCCBaa----Ab---a-Abbbc-A-:1:-1:1:46:5:8:0:9:10
Blue to play 46

White is Player 2

score: 5
pip: 136
9 point match
pip: 141
score: 2

Blue is Player 1
XGID=aABB-BBA----dAa---bcbBbB--:0:0:1:41:2:5:0:9:10
Blue to play 41

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.