[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Should I switch from GNUbg to XG? What about BGblitz?

Posted By: leobueno
Date: Sunday, 8 May 2011, at 1:47 p.m.

Phil's comments-- http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=95822 --about XG and GNUbg got me thinking about the pros and cons of using XG instead of GNUbg.

I currently use GNUbg as my cybercoach, but have been thinking about getting XG. From what I have read, XG sounds like a great program at a terrific price.

Having taken the time to learn to use GNUbg, and given that switching to another program does have a learning curve, all things being equal, I am inclined to keep using GNUbg, which I enjoy very much.

My objective is to learn from the bots. I currently play against GNUbg and anlyze the matches or use it to analyze online matches I play. Also, when I see a position or quiz here or in a book, I run it by GNUbg to try to learn from it, sometimes doing rollouts.

I was intrigued by Phil's comment that some experts still use GNUbg. I take this to mean that GNUbg continues to be a valuable tool. This got me thinking: why should I stop using GNUbg and go through the process of switching to XG?

I have also read good things about BGblitz, so where does it fit into the bot picture?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.