[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Hotel rooms for college players coming to the Chicago Open

Posted By: rory
Date: Thursday, 12 May 2011, at 2:02 p.m.

I currently have one College Student (Ben Friesen) already registered for the Chicago Open. He told me that he knew of a few others two or three that were either planning or hoping to attend. I have also spoken to the guys from Northwesten the last three weeks at the Barpoint Club and at least three or four seem to be interested in playing.

Obviously as the Director of the Chicago Open this is good for me as my attendance is getting the bump. But moreso this is a huge plus for the game of Backgammon. One of the main goals of the USBGF is to raise awareness of Backgammon especially to the next generation of players ensuring the long term life of the game we all love so much.

The biggest concern for Ben and the other players coming from outside the Chicagoland area are the costs over and above the entry fees i.e. gas, tolls, and hotel room. There have been some very kind offers to help reduce the cost of the entry fees from members of our oommunity on this site as well as an anonymous donation from one of the great ambassadors of our game who read the earlier thread.

So what am I asking? I would like to see if there is anyone willing to allow one of the college players to stay with them for the weekend. I know this is not the way many would like to help and I respect that decision. However, the host hotel is an all suites property. This means that all the rooms with two beds have a door that closes one bedroom off from the rest of the hotel room so there is more privacy than the normal hotel room. Another option would be to see if anyone would like to cotribute to a hotel room fund for the players.

Thank you in advance to all that offer their assistance.

Warmest Regards,

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.