[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 18 December 2006, at 6:06 p.m.

Match to 25, White leads 6 to 2
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Friend of mine had a party last night and I was totally destroyed, that's why the late posting, good news anyway as I had to await a tiebreaker vote again before seeing what the readers would play. Readers move 11/4

Match to 25, White leads 6 to 2
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Why does it seem like my moves are the tough ones and all your moves, whether tough or not, rollout to basically "TCTC". I had real issues with this play. There are 3 options, totally safe with 8/5 8/3, disengage from the rear with 18/15 18/13, breaking the midpoint with 13/5, and breaking the mid with 13/8 13/10.

It's hard for me to say why I don't like certain moves, it's easier for me to tell you why I chose what I chose. After deciding that the 'no shots' play was too weak, killing my blockade in front of your anchor, putting a man out of play on the 3 pt., not giving me any spares to play next turn, etc... I was stuck between breaking the back anchor with 18/13 18/15 and 13/5. 13/5 leaves the same amount of shots, 15, as 18/15 18/13. What 13/5 does though is guarantee that if I get hit I get return shots from the bar whereas if I break my back anchor I do not. Also, when missed, I now may have a double shot at your midpoint blot, depending on what you roll. I'm not allowing you to play behind me in an even race. Any non hitting six now becomes somewhat tragic for you as I get a double direct (ignore double 6s). If I break off my rear anchor you get a few more turns to try to roll doubles to scrape your back men out as I let you play behind me with the men from the mid. Another rollout to come. Stick moves 13/5

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.