[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chicago Open numbers looking strong...

Posted By: rory
Date: Monday, 16 May 2011, at 9:18 p.m.

With eleven days to go before the Main Tournament is scheduled to commence I have 52 players registered in the Open, 33 in the Intermediate, and 5 in the Novice. The Open & Intermediate fields only atracted 29 & 23 respectively last year (it was pitiful). My goal for this year was 42 and 32 while my dream was 50+ and 40+ obviously I am in dreamland as far as the Open is concerned and I may very well pass the 40 mark for Intermediates.

There are many people I need to thank for their wisdom, support, mentorship, guidance, and input. I would like to name some of them now, if by chance I have left anyone off the list I apologize. And I am sure there will be more thank yous to come after the tourney.

In no particular order...

Carol Joy Cole, Howard Markowitz, Bill Davis, Bill Minser, Beth Martinson, Dennis Culpepper, Yamin Yamin, Troy Longman, David Rockwell, Linda Rockwell, Sue Will, Faddoul Khoury, Mary Hickey, Jeb Horton, Petko Kostadinov, Chuck Bower, Bill Riles, Rob Maier, Phil Simborg, Stick, Richard Munitz, Neil Kazaross, Mochy, Falafel, Kit Woolsey, MCG, Joe Russell, Bob Koca, Tak Morioka, Lucky Nelson, Jason Lee, Ray Fogerlund, Pat Gibson, Sam Pottle, Chiva

If anyone has been on the fence hopefully this post will sway you to make the drive or catch a plane to Chicago. I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone here.

Rory J Pascar Director, 31st Chicago Open Backgammon Tournament 325 Munroe Circle Des Plaines, IL 60016 (847) 297-5451 (h) (617) 699-9100 (c)

For more info on the 2011 Chicago Open please visit http://www.ChicagoOpenBG.com

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.