[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

French Open Tennis: Tight Lines at www.betfair.com

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Thursday, 2 June 2011, at 4:23 a.m.

For those of you interested in the French Open or Wimbledon, check out www.betfair.com, a big British gambling site. I have never bet there, but I check it out to see who is favoured and by how much. They also have many other sports, including American football, basketball and baseball.

On the Federer-Djokavic semi, you can bet $1 on Djokavic to win $1.39, implying that Djoavic's chance of winning the match is 1/1.39 = 71.9%. You can bet $1 on Federer to win $3.55, implying Federer's chance is 1/3.55 = 28.2%.

On the Murray-Nadal semi, the numbers are 1.19 and 6.2, implying that Nadal's chance is 1/1.19 = 84% and Murray's chance is 1/6.2 = 16%.

In the ladies' semis, Schiavone (defending champ) is a 62% fav over Bartoli and Sharapova is a 65% fav over Li Na.

As far as I am concerned, the above information is interesting and useful, but you will not hear it from the television commentators. They have these stupid BS conversations about who they think will win, but if they really wanted to say something meaningful to the viewers, they would just give the players' chances of winning the match, according to knowledgeable bookmakers.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.