[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Fairer Method When Exactly Three Players Remain In Draw

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Sunday, 12 June 2011, at 5:07 a.m.

At Rory's tournament in Chicago, there were three players standing, I believe, all with 9-2 records: Chuck Bower, Bob Glass and Mochy. They randmonly awarded a bye, which gave one player a 50% chance and gave the other two a 25% chance.

I strongly believe the player getting the bye should have to start from a 0-3 deficit in a 9pt match, which gives him a 33.3% chance of winning the match.

I am mentioning this now because of the "Super 48" going on in LA right now. I do not know how this will be resolved, but I hate to see so much equity won or lost on a random coin flip, when there is a more equitable way to procedd.

A few years ago in Madison, there were 24 players in the jackpot event. The three guys who won their eight-man sections were each given one-third of the prize money. This was fair, and it had the added advantage of quickly ending the event, in case one or more of these guys decided to create a potential problem by winning in the main event.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.