[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Players interested in Backgammon

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 25 June 2011, at 2:05 p.m.

Today in Chicago is an event called "Learnapooloza." Over 100 free classes are being offered to teach all kinds of games and skills. Each class is 45 minutes, and people are encouraged to sign up in advance. The event goes from 10 AM to 5 PM in buildings all around an area called Wicker Park.

Over 500 people have signed up for classes, and I am told to expect another 200 walk-ins.

There are two "Learn to play Backgammon" classes offered and over 40 people have already signed up and again, they said to expect about another 20 walk-ins.

I think that this, along with many other experiences I have had recently, prove that if we can get backgammon in front of new people, there is interest.

With the support of the USBGF, individuals all over the country, and particularly the people who are on this site, who are true backgammon addicts and enthusiasts, can bring more people into the game and grow the game. The key is to "do" something instead of just talking about it.

If you would like to do something to help promote backgammon in your area, contact me, Joe Russell (Chairman of the USBGF education committee), or, just get out there and start doing something!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.