[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Can GNUbg get stronger? Will GNUbg get stronger?

Posted By: leobueno
Date: Monday, 27 June 2011, at 1:35 p.m.

Xavier's post about the new release of XG and its pricing got me thinking again about switching to XG from GNUbg. Given XG's uniform acclaim in this forum and its very modest price, it almost seems like a no-brainer. The only issue for me is the learning curve. I have spent the time to learn and love GNUbg, so will only switch if there is a compelling reason.

Several of you have recommended that we use both bots, but that still means I have to take the time to learn XG. At my level of play (FIBS 1,600+), I don't know how a second bot could help me. So, one question comes to mind: will using XG help improve my game, given that I already use GNUbg? Followed by: how does one use both bots to improve one's game?

I suspect that for mediocre players like me GNUbg's strength is more than sufficient, but I still wonder wheter GNUbg can get stronger (i.e., it has no inherent limitation) to match XG's strength. And while we are at it, if GNUbg can be strengthened, will it be strengthened?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.