[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Airlines

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Saturday, 18 August 2007, at 2:11 p.m.

You have to love them. Can hardly get anywhere any longer without leaving yourself tremendous time buffers for delays, cancellations, etc.

I was going to the Ft. Lauderdale ABT this weekend till I got to the airport yesterday to find my flight cancelled. Didn't like their suggestions of waiting all day on stand-by for four other flights already over-booked and with twenty on stand-by each. But they could get me to Ft. Lauderdale confirmed by mid-afternoon Saturday !! If Elayne would only give me byes in the first couple of rounds !!

And they must be foreign outsourcing the kiosk screens at the airport. Why not 'flight cancelled'? No, I get 'your itinerary has been changed'!! Oh, really? I'm in charge of my itinerary, I'll select from among the options. Doesn't do me much good for my 'itinerary to be changed' by the airline to get me somewhere after the event I was going there for.

Well, I learned by violating one of my normal practices. These days one should always book the first flight out in the morning. Those are much more rarely cancelled/delayed.

I hate government intervention in almost anything, but I'm about ready for the government to slap the airlines around a bit.

Through venting.

Now, I guess I'll try to figure out a way to get to Madison. What an out of the way place.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.