[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Emotion in gaming

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 12 October 2007, at 6:25 a.m.

In Response To: Emotion in gaming (Chuck Bower)

Not that Daniel isn't a nice guy but if I was at his table my ipod would be on and turned up so he is tuned out. I don't want to listen to anyone constantly chirping at my table, whether it be Hellmuth facading how much better he is than the rest of the world or Daniel asking me how my last vacation went. If you don't think there's an agenda behind either of them I suggest you muck 'em before you sit down.

I get sick of hearing the "one more time" bullshit too but it makes for 'good tv'. I personally would rather watch a bunch of dull emotionless pros play, like Ivey, Ferguson, Doyle, etc... but I'm a poker player and I know that's not what the general poker population would want to see. Almost every poker player truly believes, whether they'll admit to it or not, that they aren't rewarded as often as they should be for their good play. We all know it's easier to remember the bad beats than the more expected outcome.

Matusow: "Nobody runs as bad as I do, nobody!"
Any Pro: "Come on, hit me one time baby." roughly translated ... "I feel like I've played better than all these fish, I think they keep sucking out on me, for ONCE could I suck out on them, I deserve it."

Etc...

As to the original question at hand, the short version is keeping emotions out of it, esp. poker, bg less so, is the better way to go by far. As long as we are talking about gaming and not sports I think it's a fair statement.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.