[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

sea of trouble - 2p or not 2p Parting soul from body (splitting the army) with cheeze (14 shots)

Posted By: svilo
Date: Sunday, 26 August 2012, at 1:06 p.m.

In Response To: sea of trouble - 2p or not 2p (Daniel Murphy)

Those 14 shots spoil the whole plan to catch up in development by some blitzing and eventually shooting the enemy slot. I made the same mistake.

I was inflamed making mistakes about leaving the midpoint. A friend I haven't seen for a long time once said the midpoint was the Bank - source of capital (source of wood). Another said it was the main communication point.

Here is a Kutuzov position (midpoint as a capital city to be left). Said Kutuzov: If we leave Moscow we will lose it, if we stay in Moscow we will lose it and we will lose the war. Moscow was burnt and left to Napoleon.

A month or so later the Russians had promised the serfs land and sent them to war thus outnumbering the Napoleon army. Since most of the serfs recruit was massacred, there was hardly any one to demand the promised land after the war. Said Napoleon: The French army proved to be superior but the Russians earned the right TO CALL THEMSELVES invincible.

Here my opponent got it wrong. It is very difficult psychologically to take such a desision.

White is svilo

score: 0
pip: 163
7 point match
pip: 156
score: 0

Blue is thephoenix2
XGID=-b----E-C---cE--abbe--B---:0:0:-1:54:0:0:0:7:3
Blue to play 54

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.03

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.