[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Othello Quiz 2012

Posted By: Smcrtorchs
Date: Sunday, 7 October 2012, at 8:37 p.m.

In Response To: Othello Quiz 2012 (othello)

I am not sure if we should give reasoning of our choices or not, as I guess that people who take the quiz do not discuss about it.

My choices are:

1) 13/9 2) 23/17 8/3 3) Bar/20 7/1 4) 19/13 8/7 5) 24/18 24/20 6) 22/20 21/18 7) 20/14 6/1 8) 23/21 5/1 9) 20/17 5/4 10) 13/11(2) 3/1(2)

It took me 2 hours and 15 min with breaks to complete it. Certainly OTB I would not have made many of these choices. I felt a bit like studying chess when I undertook the quiz, as I was examining some positions for many minutes. That was quite nice since the last time I studied chess I was 14 years old and it brought me nice memories.

I remember undertaking all the othello/Cameron quizzes a few months ago. I had just restarted studying backgammon after a 10 year absence from the sport. Needless to say, I was failing one position after the other, but I appreciated the challenge that was coming from them. I found the solutions very mind opening, although i could clearly understand that the quizzes were not created for my level and therefore I could not really capitalize on them. Nonetheless I got addicted to them and had to finish them all the one after the other. If I score a 5 in this one I will be very happy and buy me an ice cream as a prize :)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.