[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How do you play it?

Posted By: happyjuggler0
Date: Tuesday, 11 March 2008, at 7:50 a.m.

In Response To: How do you play it? (Dan Pelton)

My first instinct, without looking at the pip count, is to play 24/21 and look around for a 5, ultimately playing 8/3.

Looking at the pip count it seems clear that my instinct to not play 21/16 is correct. When ahead in the race, race. When behind in the race, seek contact unless gammons are a major factor.

Once 21/16 is ruled out however it is a lot less clear whether the semi-running play of 24/21 is good or not. Looking at it that way, I play my best 5 and look around for my best 3. Therefore it is 8/3 for me and either 8/5 (surely the best nonrunning 3) or 24/21.

I personally like 24/21 and feel claustrophobic if I stick around on the 24pt. It puts no pressure on white and lets her play awkward rolls easily (e.g. 54). Additionally if blue rolls nicely (55, 56, or 53) while white rolls low, the race is even or possibly ahead for blue if he is already positioned on the 21pt, while he is always behind the 8-ball on the 24pt with regards to escaping rolls.

So 8/3 24/21 for me, with a possible second choice of the pretty 8/3 8/5.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.