[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Position of the Day 09-06-26 - Always ...

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2026, at 3:26 p.m.

In Response To: Position of the Day 09-06-26 - Always ... (Stick)

The aphorisms I have are Pottle's law:

"Run the last checker unless there's a very constructive play elsewhere on the board." (I'm not sure if this applies to a made point or just a single checker, but that doesn't matter here.)

and

"When in doubt, make your 5 point." (which I think is attributed to Stick)

Pottle's law doesn't seem to apply since there are constructive plays elsewhere. Of course, these are just rough rules of thumb and not universally applicable.

Messages In This Thread

 

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
Message:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

 

 

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.