[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Make up your mind XII

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 26 September 2026, at 8:36 p.m.

In Response To: Make up your mind XII (pierrez)

Generally speaking we're supposed to prefer offense before defense unless a defensive play is screaming to be made. Here I'm hearing a lot of noise in that direction as we have no anchor and the opponent has 12 of his 15 checkers in the zone and two ever so slightly outside of it. The only good news on that front is that he can't attack with big numbers, fives and sixes.

I also dislike leaving a position that affords my opponent so many rolls that are what I call 'rich dummy dice'. These are rolls that play themselves and can more or less end the game in one shake. Now sometimes we just have to suck it up and do it anyway but given the choice I'd rather take that option out of my opponent's hands. And for that even knowing I'd make the bar at straight dmp I will anchor up here.

After anchoring up we're still left with a decision for the three. Just play the simple 13/10 or put some real pressure on the opponent to perform or be damned. I prefer the pressure route at the cost of basically a single shot so 10/7 with the three.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

 

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
Message:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

 

 

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.