[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Position of the Day 09-11-26

Posted By: Elizabeth (erichktn @ DG)
Date: Monday, 28 September 2026, at 8:59 p.m.

In Response To: Position of the Day 09-11-26 (Stick)

To stay or not to stay, that is the question.

If I stay, I can build my own board, but will I be building an empty house? and further, I'll have my own last 2 checkers to bring around.

If I don't stay, he'll be free to build a board that I'll fear in the future if forced to leave a blot. But I'll also have more ammunition when he tries to bring those last 2 checkers home.

'Tis a dilemna. In another thread, I am asked to anticipate what opponent will do next turn. I'm terrible at that, but I think he is more likely to sit on the 7 for a turn or two and see if I have to move first. If that is the case, do I need to try to out wait him?

I haven't looked at the other responses, but I can rest assured they're more quick-witted than am I. I'm going to wait a turn. (And look forward to the rollout.)

13/2

Messages In This Thread

 

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
Message:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

 

 

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.