[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Position of the Day 09-12-26

Posted By: Elizabeth (erichktn @ DG)
Date: Monday, 28 September 2026, at 9:12 p.m.

In Response To: Position of the Day 09-12-26 (Stick)

With 5 back and no board, white doesn't have much going for him. A previous problem said always escape the back checker. Do I need fear the extra checkers on his mid point? Probably not. But should I be volunteering another blot in his outfield and give up this turn and half the next?

It would be handy having another builder on the 7-point, and if I do that, what options do I have for the 3? Prepare an escape or move from the 14? I think the latter finds more opportunity to build a prime and with white's weak board the escape can come next turn or shortly thereafter.

13/7 14/11

Messages In This Thread

 

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
Message:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

 

 

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.